What Complaints should NOT be filed with Hudson Valley Humane Law Enforcement?
• A dog barking in your neighborhood that is annoying or a nuisance.
• A vicious animal in your neighborhood.
• A person has been bitten.

The above complaints should be made to the police department or local animal control officer.

When Making a Complaint
• Be prepared to provide your name, address and phone number. This information will be kept in strict confidence and is for our records only.
• Be prepared to give the name and address of the person(s) about whom you are making the complaint.
• Be prepared to give a full description along with dates and specifics of what has occurred or is occurring.

Knowingly filing a false complaint is a violation of the New York State Penal Law (section 240.50 and 240.60) and subjects you to arrest and a year in the county jail (longer if a law enforcement officer is injured while responding to a complaint). We aggressively investigate false reports of animal cruelty. Reports made in good faith are welcomed and encouraged. When in doubt, please call: 855-448-2548. 


E-Complaint Form

Please note we do not take third party information; you must have witnessed the complaint.

Enter the code shown above
* Required
Copyright 2021 by HV Humane Law Enforcement | Website Donated by HV Computer Guys Terms Of Use Privacy Statement